The UK is a great country with lots of nice places, but unfortunately some things are just out of reach because of nature. In my country, Romania, you can’t do a lot of things due to financial limitations, but you can do however a whole lot of other things like:
- Go to the beach and enjoy a nice 32° C (90 F) degree sunny day with a beer in my hand, then if I get too hot, take a dip in the Black Sea, where the water in the summer is 22° C (72 F). After bathing, I can stay on the hot sand to dry while watching an endless parade of local girls that look like models pass by. After a superb day like this, I can come back the next day and repeat. I can do this for 2.5 months and almost never have to worry about rain, grey skies or wind; You can do it for an extra 2 months if you don’t mind sitting on the beach on slightly lower temperatures like 25° C (77 F). In England, last summer we had just one single day when the temperature reached 30° C, the summer average is 21°C (70 F), while the maximum sea temperature at nearby beach resort of Scarborough is a chilly 17° C (62 F).
- Go outside and enjoy the 4 seasons of the planet. Go out during the winter and see actual snow, let your kids build a snow man, or head to the nearby ski resorts for a weekend of skiing or snowboarding. Having a cup of mulled wine after a run down on the ski slope …it’s just an excellent experience. (In UK there is practically no snow. Only exceptions are in during rare weather conditions and in some remote parts of Scotland).
- Rent a property and not be forced to pay on top of the rent, also the owner’s local property taxes for him. Which at 135 pounds per month is not cheap at all!
- Go to any village and buy off the side of the road, from a local, cheap seasonal fruits and vegetables that actually taste like fruits. You have never experienced the taste of food until you have a tasted a local-grown, chemical-free plum, tomato or strawberry. It is simply divine.
- Live in a busy cosmopolitan capital (Bucharest) and be just 2-3 hours away by car, from both superb beaches in the summer, and excellent winter ski resorts in the winter.
- Buy a country house (less than 30 minutes away from the city) with a huge land plot , and enjoy your retirement with your own vegetables, fruits, without breaking the bank. Here is one with 3000 sq meters (32292 sq feet or 0.74 sq acres) for less than 50000 EUR. In UK something like this would costs between 100000 to 200000 GBP for the house alone!
What do you think, what can a person do in your country that you can not do in the United Kingdom? I am waiting for your opinions in the comments section or on the Fb page GarciaCalavera.com. You can also drop a like there to subscribe to future articles or even share this article to others. Thank you.
Check out other expat lifestyle articles: How shocking is the weather in England UK for foreigners? ,What are the most shocking facts about UK? ,UK Point Based Immigration System 2021 – How does it work? , Memories from my first voyage on the Albatros school ship , UK cost of living in England – What salary do you need for a decent living here? ,Which country is better to live in: UK England or France? – Why? ,UK- How much does food cost in UK? – Is it cheaper than East Europe – cost comparison UK vs Romania , UK Residence – How to Apply for SETTLED or PRE SETTLED STATUS, What do the Romanians in UK think about Brexit – their lives here and is it still worth coming to the UK? Expat Marriage in England UK – Procedure and Costs , How to get your UK Provisional Learner License , Professional conversion for Seafarers – What can you work ashore?, UK NINO – How to get it and how long does it take? , UK Immigration – how much does it costs to relocate to England? ,First 30 days in Hull UK as Expat , Marseille – France one year impressions , How to get PACS in France , Expat beginner’s guide to moving to France , First 48 days as expat in Marseille -France , After six years at sea
Check out other trips: London or Paris? Which is better to visit as a tourist? , Las Palmas – Gran Canaria 2020 , One week in Valletta – Malta , Krakow – Poland surprisingly good vacation , TOP 10 most Beautiful and Authentic cities to visit in EUROPE , Lisbon – Portugal vacation, The London Week , Saint Tropez – France , First 48 days in Marseille France , Romania road trip across the country in 7 days , Budapest Hungary road trip , Prague – dream vacation , Excursion Dobrogea: Enisala, Ibida, Histria , Vacation Madrid Spain, Two days in Jacksonville USA, Paralia – Greece road trip, Brasov 12.2014 , Buzau quick stop , Lepsa & Vrancea county , Chisinau city break , Nessebar Bulgaria , Bucharest weekends 2014 , Busan Korea , 40 days in Cluj Napoca , Hunedoara Castle ; Singapore 2013 , Brasov 02.2014 , Istanbul 01.2014 , Cluj Napoca 08.2013 , Sibiu 07.2013 , San Pedro-Ivory Coast , Bucharest 2013 , Varna 2012 , Los Angeles 2012 , Budapest & Viena trip , Salerno Italy , Cluj Napoca 2012, Florence Italy , Brasov 02.2012 , Amsterdam , Antofagasta-Chile, Valencia Spain , Lima-Peru , Bremen Germany , Istanbul 2009 , Valletta Malta , San Juan-Puerto Rico , Barcelona Spain , Singapore 2010 , Los Angeles 2010 , Transilvania road trip , La Spezia , Bosphorus by ship , Sydney Australia , Melbourne Australia , Auckland New Zealand , San Francisco USA , Tauranga NZ
Check out other articles from Romania: Tales of the past – Unique photos of Constanta Trams and Trolleybus in 1991 , Why Romanians are still mourning the communist regime after 29 years , Tales of the past – unique photos of Constanta park and miniature train line in 1991 , Once upon a time – the lost train line from the park